Are you or do you know of an emerging leader within a corporation who wants to grow and develop in a group of their peers?
Are you a business owner who wants to develop leadership skills that will allow you to lead your own team as your business grows and become a recognized leader in our community?
If you answered yes to either question, the African American Chamber of Commerce EMERGE Leadership Development Program may be for you. EMERGE in your career with the African American Chamber of Commerce.
The African American Chamber of Commerce is initiating an educational and developmental leadership program for African American Young Professionals. The program consists of the following topics:
• The Importance of Mentoring, Developing and Working your Network
• Elevator Speech Preparation
• Presence, Professionalism, and Impact
• Developing confidence negotiating your pay
• Seizing opportunities to advance your career
• Overcoming career obstacles, roadblocks and other pain points
• Managing Conflict Resolution
• Civic Engagement
EMERGE is a six-month program that will launch in March 2019 and will consist of one class per month, the second Wednesday of the month, from 6-7 pm. The cost of the program is $250 per student, payable by March 10, 2019. Program instruction will be provided by corporate professionals and small business owners with significant leadership success. The program start date is March 13, 2019. Maximum class size is 20. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 28, 2019.